Please record your responses in your lab notebook.
1. What phylum does the Crayfish belong?
2. Name two common characteristics crayfish share w/ annelids
3. Name three differences crayfish have w/ annelids
4. Draw a diagram of a crayfish and label the external anatomy.
5. The body is divided into two parts. Name them
6. How many major limbs?
7. What are the pinchers called?
8. Identify these external features and describe their function/location:
b. Cervical Groove
e. Compound eye
l. Walking legs
9. Identify these internal features and describe their location, appearance and function:
b. Green gland
c. Ventral nerve cord
d. Cardiac stomach
e. Pyloric stomach
g. Digestive gland
h. Ventral Nerve Cord
Crayfish Dissection Guide and Procedure
Basic information and detailed images of internal and external anatomy.
Detailed descriptions and definitions of crayfish anatomy.
Visual Dictionary: Crayfish Anatomy
Defines crayfish anatomy functions.
Click on images to enlarge.